Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Thanks, Oprah....

Oprah Winfrey is the most unlikely source for organic gardening advice - or so I thought - but to my surprise, she had the following basic insecticidal soap recipe on her enewsletter:

Start by mixing a concentrate solution to keep on hand by combining 1 cup/.24 L of vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon/14.8 ml of liquid dish soap. To dilute this mixture to use in your garden, combine 2 teaspoons/9.86 ml of the concentrate with 1 cup/.24L of water. Put the mixture in a hand sprayer and spray it on infested plants. Be sure to wet both tops and undersides of leaves.


I have used a similar compound for years - although I admit I just rather give it to the bugs than treat all the time - I have plenty to share!
 
Copyright 2010, EmeraldAcre.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment